If you love camping and nature but hate the idea of mosquitoes hunting you all night and sleeping in a narrow bed then you may have been interested what is glamping and is it suitable for you. A fusion of ‘glamour’ and ‘camping’, this whole new experience lets you enjoy the best of nature in the most luxurious way possible.
What is Glamping and Why is it Popular?
The way people travel has changed, so does the way they camp and experience nature. Glamorous camping, aka ‘glamping’ is the latest and rapidly growing trend that is attracting thousands of campers these days, especially the not-so-outdoor types. Imagine bringing the comfort of your home or the luxury of a 5-star hotel into the woods or some deserted island. Arriving in your destination with a beautiful tent for a family which has been customized to be more comfortable and accommodating inside. Can you imagine having restaurant-quality food served right in your tent, with steaming hot coffee or chocolate and some sweet dessert? Everything you need is provided. Now all that’s left for you to do is relax, unwind and enjoy the best of nature.
What are the Health Benefits of Glamping?
Being out in the great outdoors has a lot of benefits to your mind and body. Here are some of them:
- Stress relief. One of the best benefits of glamping is that it makes nature greatly accessible. Interacting with nature has been scientifically proven to improve mental health by lowering a person’s stress levels. Apart from the relaxing views that make you forget about the hustle and bustle of the city life, the fresh clean air and the added exercise of going out gets your blood pumping, thus increasing the good hormones, like the oxytocin and serotonin that are responsible for creating positive feelings. Isn’t it a great way to relax when you are lying in the best hammock, enjoying the best scenery and drinking the best cocktail ever served to you in the outdoors.
- Light exercise. Like camping, glamping encourages physical activity in ways that are way more enjoyable than the usual exercises you do at the gym. The outdoors is your natural playground. A walk through the woods or a hiking adventure with friends help you burn calories, toughen your muscles, regain energy, and strengthen your immunity.
- Better sleep. During a glamping adventure, you let your body immerse in a natural sleeping pattern by sleeping with the sunset and rising with the sunrise. When you return home, falling asleep at night and waking up early in the morning will be easier!
How to Turn Camping into Glamping
While plenty of camping parks and destinations offer glamping services, you can camp on your own and still enjoy the luxurious perks of glamping. How? Check out these tips:
- It all starts with a good tent. There are plenty of stylish tents available for glamping. Not only are these tents beautiful inside and out, they are also convenient and easy to set up (some models take under 10 minutes), they also come with great features for maximum comfort and safety.
- Go for luxurious accessories. If for traditional camping, regular waterproof tarps have been sufficient as a sitting mat, for glamping, you can go further as using inflatable sitting pads designed to give you good cushion and keep your pack light.
- Snuggle in a queen-size sleeping bag. Spend the night in the woods in the most comfortable way possible by bringing a queen-sized sleeping bag that’s specially made for glamping. Either you sprawl out or get cozy with your companion, you will surely have the best time in this bed.
- Luxury camp cooking. Cooking is one of the most important aspects of camping. Do bring some cookset, better, a camp kitchen that is convenient, light and compact. This way, you are not limited to canned goods and grilled stuff for your meals.
Most Popular Glamping Sites in the US
You’d find amazing glamping sites all over the US – being a country with amazing natural views and camping-loving people. Here are some of the most popular sites for glamping:
- The Resort at Paws Up, Montana – this resort features Safari tents boasting fine linens and rustic furniture, and a private en-suite bathroom. They also have a skilled camp chef and a butler to assist you anytime.
- Fireside Resort, Wyoming – King-sized beds, luxury linens, concierge and cleaning services, name it all. They also offer campfire sit-downs, guided tours and other fun activities.
- Epic Private Journeys, Utah and Arizona – this resort combines the fun of a traditional camping site with the striking and rugged terrain, and the comfort of luxury accommodation.
- Terra Glamping, San Francisco – if you’re in SF, you need not go too far to experience such an amazing glamping adventure. All their safari tents have an amazing ocean view and are perfect for whale watching and stargazing
- Silver Bullet Retreats – Florida – In addition to the stylish tents, this resort offers fun-packed activities for the whole family, such as swimming, boating, trekking, fishing, kayaking and barbecuing.
Glamping has totally changed the way people experience camping. It’s definitely a great way to explore the unique and untamed parts of the world without having to sacrifice your comfort. So, the next time you plan of camping, take it to the next level and go glamping!